• Free up your disk space without removing any files
• Replace all duplicate files with clones
on APFS (Apple's standard file system since macOS 10.13+)
• Preserve meta data like timestamps, hard links, soft links etc.
• Works with all files, great for photos, archives, Logic Pro X files, and many more ...
• Select folder on APFS filesystem
• Press “Deduplicate”
• See progress and results
• Optimized algorithm to find duplicates
• Minimal disk reads for duplicate detection
• Caching data - smart rehashing
• Disk structure stays as is
• Meta data is preserved (e.g. modification dates, hard links, soft links, aliases, etc.)
• SHA-2 for collision free hashing
diskDedupe cleaned up my archives of Logic Pro X files - where many contain the same sound files, samples, etc. It shrunk my 800 GB archive folder down to 300 GB! Now I don’t have to worry about which versions to keep: I can keep them all.
diskDedupe helped me by turning all my duplicate images in my various design folders into clones and with that getting 30% of my disk space back.